#BXLDemandsCleanAir on the Etats Généraux de l’Air
BRAL, Cosmopolis and a large academic and civic network organise the first Etats Généraux de l’Air of Brussels. A moment to combine research, open data and citizenship for all those in favour of a clean and therefore healthy Brussels air. This first Etats Généraux takes place from Thursday the 25th till Saturday the 27th of April at the Pianofabriek. Because #BXLDemandsCleanAir.
The program is almost finalized, here is an appetizer of what you can expect.
Friday 26 April
- 08:00-09:00: Action of FilterCaféFiltré at the Parvis of Saint-Gilles ao.
- 13:00-18:00: PRACTITIONERS MEET SCIENTISTS
- Public lecture by scientists Gordon Walker (Lancaster University) and Gary Fuller (King’s College London) on the socio-political aspects of pollution, on how to raise the political ambition to make changes to our urban lives, and on the arguments to defend the right to breathe for all people..
- World Café for scientists and practitioners together with Brussels Academy and Brussels Study Institute
- Register here for both.
- 18:00-20:00 Kiddical Mass, departure at the Porte de Namur, arrival at the Pianofabriek.
Saturday 27 April: #BXLDemandsCleanAir
- During a continuous interactive Meet & Learn, you can chat with the actors of the air movement, understand how they went to work and get busy yourself for a better air quality in Brussels.
- 14:30-16:30: #Airckathon: the answers
- What have you always wanted to know about the air quality in Brussels? Ask your question(s) to the hackers of the #Airckathon.Find out the answers on the 27th!
- 18:00-20:00: Political debate “What policy measures for a better Brussels air quality?”
- And what do politicians have to say to all this? The debate will look ahead, to the government that will be elected in May. But there will also be room to evaluate the current government and the answers they had to the challenge of air pollution. This way, citizens can make an informed choice in the voting booth on May 25th.
- Confirmed politicians (more to follow): Pascal Smet (sp.a); Céline Fremault (cdH); Viviane Teitelbaum (MR) ; Elke Van den Brandt (Groen); Alain Maron (Ecolo); Martin Casier (PS); Joris Pochet ( CD&V); Jan Busselen (PVDA)
- Tim Cassiers, BRAL, tim[at]bral.brussels
- Liévin Chemin, BRAL, lievin[at]bral.brussels
- Christiaan Vansteenkiste, BRAL, christiaan[at]bral.brussels
- Nicola da Schio, VUB, ndaschio[at]vub.be