Save the date: first Etats Generaux de l’Air de Bruxelles, 25-27 April
BRAL, Cosmopolis and a large academic and civic network organise the first Etat Généraux de l’Air of Brussels. A moment to combine research, open data and citizenship, all in favor of cleaner and therefore healthier Brussels Air.
This first Etats Généraux takes place from Thursday the 25th till Saturday the 27th of April. It will be a gathering for all those who strive for better air quality in our capital. There will be room for discussion and cooperation, long term visions and solutions.
On the first Etats Généraux de l'Air of Brussels, we gather scientists, open data-specialists, citizens to strive for a better Brussels air quality. - Nicola da Schio, VUB-Cosmopolis
The scientists will host the Resistance is in the air symposium, the 25th and 26th of April. A Hackathon will continually take place from 25 till 27 and the #BXLDemandsCleanAir movement have their very own day the 27th.
#BXLDemandsCleanAir encourages not only action and knowledge on air quality. We end the day with a political debate. Thus, citizens can hear what politicians promise for a healthier Brussels region and make an informed vote in the regional elections. - Tim Cassiers, BRAL
BRAL invites all citizens to #BXLDemandsCleanAir on 27th of April in the Pianofabriek. Come and present your initiative(s) or get to know those of others. This day ends with a political debate. Ask your questions and prepare yourself for a well informed vote in May. Because Brussels needs to breathe.
The organizers of the event are available for questions and can get you in touch with researchers and citizens groups. Press partnerships are welcome.
- Tim Cassiers, BRAL, tim[at]bral.brussels
- Liévin Chemin, BRAL, lievin[at]bral.brussels
- Nicola da Schio, VUB, ndaschio[at]vub.be
Les Etats Généraux is an initiative of BRAL, urban movement for Brussels Bruxelles and VUB-Cosmopolis, Centre of Urban Research. It is supported by a large academic and citizens' network:
- Cosmopolis Centre of Urban Research - VUB,
- BRAL Citizen Action Brussels,
- Brussels Academy,
- Brussels Studies Institute,
- Bye Bye Kleine Ring,
- Christelijke Mutualiteit,
- Clean Air BXL,
- Client Earth,
- European Union Cyclists Group,
- Hasselt University, Centre for Environmental Sciences,
- KU Leuven,
- Solvay Digital Society,
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, CRSET,
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, IGEAT,
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, Service Environnement & mobilité,
- Université Saint-Louis – Bruxelles, CEDRE,
- Université Saint-Louis – Bruxelles, Institut de recherches interdisciplinaires sur Bruxelles,
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, CGIS,
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, MFYS,
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, MOBI