Selfcity: short movies now fully online!
BRAL, les Casseuses de Crise, PaletActif, Buurtpensioen 1000 Brussel, Corvia & Centre Vidéo de Bruxelles present 4 participative short films: Selfcity, citizens' initiatives create well-being. The short movies are fully online on the Selfcity website.
Everywhere in Brussels, people come together to make life in the city more pleasant and sustainable. They help each other, create or repair objects, create services or manage goods or places that are accessible to the public. In this way, they offer an alternative to an economy where over-consumption and the collection of property are the norm. At the initiative of BRAL, 4 urban collectives (Corvia, Les Casseuses de Crise, PaletActif, Buurtpensioen 1000 BXL) have filmed their parcours. Watch the short movies on the Selfcity website (http://www.selfcity.be/selfcity.html).
The 4 films have been recorded in French, without subtitles.
- Participatory film directed by Joachin Guzman and Aurélia Pfend - 6 minutes - 2018 - BRAL – CVB;
- An open fridge 24/7;
- An open wardrobe 2 times a week;
- Not monetary transactions, but care and participation.
Buurtpensioen 1000 BXL - Pens(i)ons quartier - community pension
- Participatory film directed by Aurélia Pfend - 5 minutes - 2018 - BRAL – CVB;
- S such as Senior, but above all as 'Service et Solidarité';
- Entraided with a heart for the neighbors.
- Participatory film directed by Manuel Hanot - 6 minutes - 2018 - BRAL – CVB;
- Commitment, solidarity, reup & sharing, horizontality, realistic dreams ... Actors of change!
- A free furniture workshop, open to everyone, founded by sans-papiers.
Les Casseuses de Crise
- Participatory film directed by Aurélia Pfend - 6 minutes - 2018 - BRAL – CVB;
- An alternative to a patriarchal, racist and capitalist system. A place for freedom and solidarity for women.